April Materials Distribution - If you were unable to pick up materials for your virtual student(s) last week, please call the school office to arrange a time. Please note: materials for hybrid students were sent home with the students.
FCPS Calendar Update - If no additional inclement weather or emergency closures are needed, Frederick County Public Schools students will have their final day of instruction in the 2020-21 school year on Thursday, June 17. The last day of school for teachers will be Friday, June 18. Students will be dismissed 2 hours early on Thursday, June 17.
Tree Trekkers Ticket Pre-Sale - SALE ENDS Friday, April 30! Purchase discounted pre-sale tickets to Tree Trekkers through MMCI, and a portion of sales will benefit the MVMPCS School Fund! Tickets are good for a 2 hour week day climb, through the remainder of the 2021 Tree Trekkers season (December 2021)! Click here to order online! If paying by cash/check delivered to the MMCI Mailbox, please indicate that on the online order form. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Teacher Appreciation Week - Save the Date for Teacher Appreciation Week, May 3-7, 2021. Details to come soon!
Community Carry Outs - Order carry out for your family, and support our school!
- Tuesdays: May 4, May 18, and June 1, order MOD Pizza (Westview Promenade) to support our school! Mention MMCI/MVMPCS at checkout or enter unique online code (emailed ahead of each event).
- Tuesdays: May 11 and May 25, from 4-9pm, order Casa Rico (1399 West Patrick St.) to support our school! Mention MMCI/MVMPCS at checkout.
- Individual Student Portraits - Did you miss Picture Day? Click here for details on how to make sure your Meerkat is in the yearbook!
- Think SPRING, and send us your candid photos! Email .jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Committee - Have you given your time this year, but haven't logged your hours? Now is the time! Please remember to log your hours here!
MMCI BOT Updates
Our next regular Virtual MMCI Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 28 at 7pm. Past minutes can be found here. A link to join the virtual meeting will be sent out via ENEWS.
Our next regular Virtual Governing Council Meeting will be held on Monday, May 3 at 6:30pm. The link to join the virtual meeting will be sent out via ENEWS.
FREE Meals – FCPS will be distributing "to-go" breakfast, lunch and dinner from 11am-1pm on WEDNESDAYS ONLY. These meals are enough for all seven days of the week. Distribution sites will be at two locations:
* Discovery Shopping Center Parking Lot, 8425 Woodsboro Pike, Walkersville
* Frederick Shopping Center Parking Lot, 1305 W. 7th Street, Frederick
Blessings In A Backpack – Please note: distribution locations have changed. Blessings in a Backpack bags will be available for any child 18 or younger on Fridays from 11 am to 1 pm, now at the following locations only: Brunswick ES, Centerville ES, Lincoln ES, Monocacy ES, Myersville Library, Spring Ridge ES, Sugarloaf ES, Twin Ridge ES, Waverley ES, Whittier ES. MVMPCS families are welcome at any of these locations.
Frederick County GIS Food Distribution Public WebApp - Frederick organizations combined forces and created this valuable resource to help community members easily find food distribution sites.