Asynchronous Learning Day - FCPS has designated Wednesday, May 19 as Asynchronous Learning Days for ELEMENTARY STUDENTS ONLY. There will be no live virtual instruction on these days. All assignments for 5/12 and 5/19 will be posted in Schoology. Middle School students will follow their regular Wednesday schedules. Please contact your child's teacher with any questions.
May Montessori Materials Distribution - Wednesday, May 19 from 1-4pm. Materials will be left under the awning for contactless pick up. Please remember to wear masks and practice social distancing with other families. You may drop off any books or other materials that need to be returned to school in the bins provided by the Hospitality Committee.
Community Carry Outs - TOMORROW, Tuesday May 18, order MOD Pizza (Westview Promenade) to support our school! Mention MMCI/MVMPCS at checkout or enter unique online code GR181761M.
- Tuesday, May 25, from 4-9pm, order Casa Rico (1399 West Patrick St.) to support our school! Mention MMCI/MVMPCS at checkout.
- Tuesday, June 1, order MOD Pizza (Westview Promenade) to support our school! Mention MMCI/MVMPCS at checkout or enter unique online code.
- Tuesday, June 8, order Cafe Bueno (255 E 4th St. Frederick). Mention MMCI/MVMPCS at checkout!
Tree Trekkers Ticket Sale EXTENDED! - SALE ENDS THIS FRIDAY, MAY 21! Purchase discounted pre-sale tickets to Tree Trekkers through MMCI, and a portion of sales will benefit the MVMPCS School Fund! Tickets are good for a 2 hour week day climb, through the remainder of the 2021 Tree Trekkers season (December 2021)! Click here to order online! If paying by cash/check delivered to the MMCI Mailbox, please indicate that on the online order form. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Individual Student Portraits - Click here for details on how to make sure your Meerkat is in the yearbook!
- Please send us your candid photos! Our Middle School Yearbook Club is now accepting photos of virtual learning, back to hybrid school, outside adventures, pets and animals, projects and hobbies, and more! Email .jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload HERE. Thank you!
- 2020-21 YEARBOOKS ON SALE NOW! Click here and enter MVMPCS Yearbook ID: 11043221 to order your 2020-21 yearbook today!
MMCI BOT Updates
Our next regular Virtual MMCI Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 19 at 7pm. Past minutes can be found here. An agenda and link to join the virtual meeting was sent out via ENEWS.
- At the BOT meeting on 5/19, the BOT will discuss and vote on the proposal to expand the current MVMPCS Charter to include grades 9 through 12. Please click here for information about submitting feedback and community comments to the BOT ahead of the meeting.
Our next regular Virtual Governing Council Meeting will be held on Monday, June 7 at 6:30pm. The agenda and a link to join the virtual meeting will be sent out via ENEWS.
FREE Meals – FCPS will be distributing "to-go" breakfast, lunch and dinner from 11am-1pm on WEDNESDAYS ONLY. These meals are enough for all seven days of the week. Distribution sites will be at two locations:
* Discovery Shopping Center Parking Lot, 8425 Woodsboro Pike, Walkersville
* Frederick Shopping Center Parking Lot, 1305 W. 7th Street, Frederick
Blessings In A Backpack – Blessings in a Backpack bags will be available for any child 18 or younger on Wednesdays from 11 am to 1 pm, now at the following locations only: Discovery Shopping Center, Frederick Shopping Center, Brunswick ES, Centerville ES, Lincoln ES, Monocacy ES, Spring Ridge ES, Sugarloaf ES, Twin Ridge ES, and Whittier ES. Distributions will be on Fridays from 11am to 1pm at Myersville Library and Waverley ES only. MVMPCS families are welcome at any of these locations.
Frederick County GIS Food Distribution Public WebApp - Frederick organizations combined forces and created this valuable resource to help community members easily find food distribution sites.