Chromebook Collection - Chromebook collection will be Monday, June 14. Details to follow.
Middle School Meerkat News -
June 7 and 8 - Bake sales to support animal conservation and combat hate crimes.
June 10 and 11 - Art sale to support Heartly House and Doggie treat and toy sale to support animal shelters and fight puppy mills. All sales will be at dismissal under the awning or next to the mulch playground. Please bring your wallet to support all these wonderful social action projects!
- June 16 - 8th grade Promotion Ceremony. Location and details have been sent via email to 8th grade families. Congratulations to all of our phenomenal 8th Graders! We wish you success in high school and beyond!
Volunteer Appreciation - On June 3, we held a Virtual Volunteer Appreciation Event, where many staff members logged on to show their gratitude for our valued volunteers. Please click here to view the presentation created especially for you! Thank you, volunteers!
Summer Schedule - FCPS offices will start their summer schedule beginning the week of 06/21/21 working 4 days a week with longer hours and being closed on Fridays. We will return to our regular hours beginning on 08/09/21. We will be closed on 07/05 for the holiday and work our regular hours Tues-Fri. this week only.
Community Carry Out - Our final Community Carry Out for this school year is TOMORROW, Tuesday, June 8! Order Cafe Bueno (255 E 4th St. Frederick) anytime between 11am-9pm, and be sure to mention MMCI/MVMPCS at checkout!
- Did your student miss Picture Day? - Click here for details on how to make sure your Meerkat is in the yearbook! The deadline to send in your portraits is Saturday, June 5!
- WE NEED YOUR CANDID PHOTOS NOW! Our Middle School Yearbook Club is now accepting photos of virtual learning, specials, back to hybrid school, outside adventures, projects and hobbies, and more! Email .jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload HERE. Thank you!
2020-21 Annual Fund Meerkat Match - DOUBLE the first $21 of your donation to the 2020-21 Annual Fund, made between School Choice Week in January and the end of the school year. As of June 7, 2021, 67 of 100 available matches have been made! Click here to donate, and check back each week to find out how many matches remain!
- Your 2020-21 volunteer hours are DUE! Please remember to log your hours here ASAP so our volunteer committee can submit an accurate number to FCPS.
- Volunteer Opportunity - Volunteer on June 19 at the Frederick Steeplechasers Summer Solstice 8K race to support Blessings In A Backpack. Details here.
- Get Involved! - We are seeking volunteers NOW to transition into some important roles for next school year in the following GC Committees: Future Facilities, Building and Grounds, Fundraising, and Extended Learning Opportunities. Please contact email@example.com for more information!
High School Expansion Committee - The High School Expansion Committee will hold their virtual meetings on the fourth Sunday of each month at 10am. All members of the MVMPCS Community are invited to participate. A meet link will be sent via ENEWS.
Hospitality Committee - Bins for each classroom will be placed outside on Monday, June 14. End of the year cards, notes, or gifts for staff may be placed in the bins. No perishable items please.
MMCI BOT Updates
Our next regular Virtual MMCI Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 30 at 7pm. Please note: This date is a correction from past eNews Updates. BOT Meetings occur on the last Wednesday of every month. Past minutes can be found here. An agenda and link to join the virtual meeting will be sent out via ENEWS.
Our next regular Virtual Governing Council Meeting will be held on Monday, July 26 at 6:30pm. The agenda and a link to join the virtual meeting will be sent out via ENEWS.
FREE Meals – FCPS will be distributing "to-go" breakfast, lunch and dinner from 11am-1pm on WEDNESDAYS ONLY. These meals are enough for all seven days of the week. Distribution will be at 19 schools and 2 community locations. Please click here for details.
Blessings In A Backpack – Blessings in a Backpack bags will be available for any child 18 or younger on Wednesdays from 11 am to 1 pm, now at the following locations only: Discovery Shopping Center, Frederick Shopping Center, Brunswick ES, Centerville ES, Lincoln ES, Monocacy ES, Spring Ridge ES, Sugarloaf ES, Twin Ridge ES, and Whittier ES. Distributions will be on Fridays from 11am to 1pm at Myersville Library and Waverley ES only. MVMPCS families are welcome at any of these locations.
Frederick County GIS Food Distribution Public WebApp - Frederick organizations combined forces and created this valuable resource to help community members easily find food distribution sites.