Chromebook and Music Materials Collections - FCPS Chromebooks and Hotspots must be returned this week to our User Support Specialist, Ms. Dina Karakus, from 1-3pm Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Instruments and Sheet music may be returned in the sanctuary OR in the labeled box located under the awning at dismissal. Please click here for details.
Middle School Meerkat News - Wednesday, June 16 is our 8th grade Promotion Ceremony. Location and details have been sent via email to 8th grade families. Congratulations to all of our phenomenal 8th Graders! We wish you success in high school and beyond!
Volunteer Appreciation - On June 3, we held a Virtual Volunteer Appreciation Event, where many staff members logged on to show their gratitude for our valued volunteers. Please click here to view the presentation created especially for you! Thank you, volunteers!
Summer Schedule - FCPS offices will start their summer schedule beginning the week of 06/21/21 working 4 days a week with longer hours and being closed on Fridays. We will return to our regular hours beginning on 08/09/21. We will be closed on 07/05 for the holiday and work our regular hours Tues-Fri. this week only.
- Did your student miss Picture Day? - Click here for details on how to make sure your Meerkat is in the yearbook! The deadline has been extended to Friday, June 18!
- WE NEED YOUR CANDID PHOTOS NOW! We are looking for photos of: Spirit Week, virtual learning, hybrid learning, specials projects, hobbies and adventures, and more! Email .jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload HERE. Same deadline for candids: Friday, June 18! Thank you!
Building and Grounds Committee - Summer is a great time to serve the school, and summer grounds maintenance projects are a great way to serve! Please click here for more details, and to sign up for a time slot.
2020-21 Annual Fund Meerkat Match - DOUBLE the first $21 of your donation to the 2020-21 Annual Fund, made between School Choice Week in January and the end of the school year. As of June 14, 2021, 67 of 100 available matches have been made! Click here to donate, and check back each week to find out how many matches remain!
- Your 2020-21 volunteer hours are DUE! Please remember to log your hours here ASAP so our volunteer committee can submit an accurate number to FCPS.
- Volunteer Opportunity - Volunteer on June 19 at the Frederick Steeplechasers Summer Solstice 8K race to support Blessings In A Backpack. Details here.
- Get Involved! - We are seeking volunteers NOW to transition into some important roles for next school year in the following GC Committees: Future Facilities, Building and Grounds, Fundraising, and Extended Learning Opportunities. Please contact email@example.com for more information!
High School Expansion Committee - The High School Expansion Committee will hold their virtual meetings on the fourth Sunday of each month at 10am. All members of the MVMPCS Community are invited to participate. Look for a meet link to be sent out via Community Chat ahead of the next meeting.
MMCI BOT Updates
Our next regular Virtual MMCI Board of Trustees Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 30 at 7pm. Please note: This date is a correction from past eNews Updates. BOT Meetings occur on the last Wednesday of every month. Past minutes can be found here. An agenda and link to join the virtual meeting will be sent out via ENEWS.
Our next regular Virtual Governing Council Meeting will be held on Monday, July 26 at 6:30pm. The agenda and a link to join the virtual meeting will be sent out via ENEWS.
FREE Meals – FCPS will be distributing "to-go" breakfast, lunch and dinner from 11am-1pm on WEDNESDAYS ONLY. These meals are enough for all seven days of the week. Distribution will be at 19 schools and 2 community locations. Please click here for details.
Blessings In A Backpack – Blessings in a Backpack bags will be available for any child 18 or younger on Wednesdays from 11 am to 1 pm, now at the following locations only: Discovery Shopping Center, Frederick Shopping Center, Brunswick ES, Centerville ES, Lincoln ES, Monocacy ES, Spring Ridge ES, Sugarloaf ES, Twin Ridge ES, and Whittier ES. Distributions will be on Fridays from 11am to 1pm at Myersville Library and Waverley ES only. MVMPCS families are welcome at any of these locations.
Frederick County GIS Food Distribution Public WebApp - Frederick organizations combined forces and created this valuable resource to help community members easily find food distribution sites.