On August 27th, our high school team submitted a charter expansion request to the Frederick County Board of Education in the hopes of growing our school to include high school. The request is under review by the FCPS’ Curriculum Review Committee to ensure fidelity with all Frederick County and Maryland State Department of Education high school graduation requirements and to determine whether this program aligns with FCPS aspirations and goals. The timeline for a BOE decision our high school expansion proposal is:
- 10/25 to 10/29: Meet with FCPS to address any changes submission
- 11/11: Response in writing from FCPS to MMCI due 11/22: Recommendation from Superintendent to BOE
- 11/27: Final application revisions due from MMCI
- 12/8/21: Decision from BOE on application due
- 12/22/21: Final decision in writing due from FCPS to MMCI
The wheels continue to turn. Here’s hoping our school has a new high school to celebrate in the coming New Year, during our 20th year of serving families in Frederick with a stellar Montessori education!