Exciting things have been happening at our school’s forever home!
The second full week of November remains the target for completion of phase one. The GC approved 11/27/23 as the first day of in-person learning at 64 Thomas Johnson Drive. Two asynchronous learning days are approved for 11/20 and 11/21 to allow staff to set up their classrooms. The Building and Grounds committee is creating sign-ups with volunteer opportunities to help move. Don’t miss this volunteer opportunity to get a sneak peek at the newly finished spaces!
- Finish science lab rough-ins
- Finish hardware installation
- Re-install ceiling on 3rd floor
- Elevator lobby storefront installed
- Finish flooring on 3rd floor
- Temporary wall installation on 2nd & 3rd floor
- Sprinkler modifications and hydro test on 1st floor
- HVAC diffuser installation on 1st floor
- Ceiling tile on 1st floor
- FCPS equipment installation
- Flooring on 1st floor
- Emergency light fixture installation
Installation of flooring is complete. Cabinetry and sink installation is planned for phase two. All walls and doors will be up soon to separate student areas from the phase two construction areas.
Flooring, painting, and ceiling installation are complete. Work on the science labs continues and will be completed as part of phase 2.
WORK SCHEDULED FOR NEXT TWO WEEKS:
- FRP, restroom fixtures and toilet accessories
- Mirrored window film for privacy (first floor only)
- Paint on 3rd floor
- Punch List for touch ups
- Fire alarm & Sprinkler final test
- Cleaning is in progress as areas are finished
- Elevator cleaning
- Final inspections as areas are finished
This is an exciting time as we see the completion of phase one work and can begin our move-in! We look forward to sharing more progress updates with you in the future.
The Facilities Committee