About the Volunteer CommitteeThe Volunteer Committee is responsible for recruiting volunteers, planning volunteer events and orientations, keeping records of volunteer training, recruiting volunteers to fill volunteer needs as they arise, and compiling volunteer hours.
Current Volunteer Needs
Volunteering your time to help your child’s school is a wonderful way to serve others and build community!
Please check out current volunteer needs below, or email our Volunteer Committee at email@example.com to get connected with something that is a good fit for you.
Thank you for being an important part of MVM!
How will you Get Involved?
Community Outreach Volunteers
Perhaps now, more than ever, it is important that we seek opportunities to connect with other families in our community. Are you interested in planning and/or hosting some fun events to build and strengthen our relationships? Would you love to help with school tours, teacher appreciation, and welcoming new families to our community? If you answered yes to any of those, Community Outreach is waiting for your email!
We are looking for committee members to:
- Plan and host Community Coffee events, Virtual and/or in-person (or Happy Hours, game nights, etc!)
- Lead our Hospitality Committee in planning and coordinating special events in our community, such as: meals for teachers, Teacher Appreciation Week, and the above mentioned coffees, game nights, and more! Bring your ideas! The work of this committee is all about building and maintaining positive relationships, and making people feel welcomed and appreciated. These events are especially fun to plan with the help of a few good friends, so talk to some of your favorite fellow parents, and ask them to join with you! If you are interested in helping in these efforts, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising Committee Chair and Volunteers
Do you have a background in Fundraising, or a passion for planning and organizing events? Are you a pro at setting and achieving big goals? Do you want to make a big difference in our school community? This might be the role for you! Reach out to our Volunteer Chair today to find out more!
We are also looking for committee members who would like to:
- Set up Community Carry-Outs with local restaurants
- Help plan and run a Book Fair
- Work on various Fundraising projects throughout the school year
Building and Grounds Committee Chair and Volunteers
Do you like to plan and complete outdoor projects? Can you picture yourself working alongside other dedicated volunteers with the common goal of keeping our building and grounds beautiful and safe for our students and staff? Give the Building and Grounds Committee a try! Reach out to our Volunteer Chair to get started!
We need the following volunteers:
- Gardening/ mulching/ building/ painting/ minor repairs
- Building and Grounds project and calendar planning
Are you someone who enjoys talking to others and making connections? Would you enjoy a position that supports other committees and our GC, as well as MVM Staff? The Volunteer Committee is responsible for planning volunteer events and orientations, keeping records of volunteer training, recruiting volunteers to fill volunteer needs as they arise, and compiling volunteer hours. Does this important committee sound like a good fit for you? Reach out to our Volunteer Committee today!
Future Facilities Co-Chair
Are you knowledgeable in real estate and/or passionate about finding a new, permanent home for our school, where our children can spread out their Montessori materials with ease? The MVM Facilities/ Building Search Committee is looking for a parent co-chair to help lead this committee, and work with the MMCI Building Search Committee to find our new home. Is it you we’re looking for? Reach out to Facilities today!
Budget Committee Volunteers
Do you have a background in finance, accounting, or are you gifted with numbers? Or maybe you are just interested in learning more about MVM’s budget process, and what’s behind the GC’s budget-related decisions. If this describes you well, our Budget Chair would love to hear from you!
For more information on these positions, please reach out to Deb Knox-Teitel at email@example.com.